Are you shopping for vinyl windows in Aurora, Colorado? If so, you likely have a list of options from various sources, including big box stores and replacement window companies. However, many homeowners in Aurora are unaware that not all replacement windows are created equal. Just as a Ford is not the same as a Ferrari, windows are engineered on several calibers in order to meet budget restraints of homeowners.
When you’re shopping for vinyl windows in Aurora, this rough guide can help you determine if you’re selecting a diamond or a dud:
- One of the first considerations of quality vinyl windows in Aurora is price point. The truth is that window prices are all over the map, and it can be tempting to select bottom dollar windows to score a bargain. However, cheap replacement windows will eventually make you pay the price in terms of energy dollars—their inefficiency and short life span will ultimately make your home too hot or too cold.
- Windows with interior simulated woodgrain are amongst the best quality (and most energy efficient) replacement windows on the market. They combine the luxury of wood with the low maintenance aspect of vinyl, giving homeowners in Aurora premium quality that lasts for years.
- The next characteristic is the window’s material. Vinyl windows can certainly be quality windows, but you have to be careful that the vinyl itself is of good quality. Poor quality vinyl has a filler ingredient known as calcium carbonate, which can make the windows very prone to chipping. The best quality vinyl windows are engineered by using titanium dioxide, which enforces structural integrity.
- While windows from big box stores aren’t always low quality, you’ll want to tread carefully before choosing this route. Vinyl windows from big box stores are often mass-produced. You’ll want to have windows custom made to fit your home from a window company such as Universal Windows Direct.
- One of the final determining factors of a vinyl window’s quality is its glass package. Stretch your energy dollars further with Universal Windows Direct’s UniShield® glass packages. UniShield® is designed to keep your home comfortable and your energy bills as low as possible.
If you’re ready to install the best vinyl windows on the Aurora market, get in touch with Universal Windows Direct of Denver today by calling 303-373-4236.