New windows in Westminster, Colorado, are often the last things on homeowners’ minds—unless they’re quickly losing energy and increasing your energy bills. Sometimes it can be tough to determine when it’s time for new windows, especially to the untrained eye. However, there are typical signs to watch out for when it’s time to replace your windows.
These signs include:
- A chill in your home during the wintertime. It’s no secret that Westminster temperatures can dip well below freezing during the winter, which makes your HVAC system work in overdrive. Inefficient windows are notorious for leaking air, leaving your home feeling too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer.
- If you aren’t sure about air leakage, you can do a quick test to check for drafts by using an incense stick. Be sure that all of your windows are closed and your HVAC system is not running. Hold the incense stick near air entry points such as the sash and sill. If the smoke moves, it’s likely time for new windows.
- Are your windows warping, peeling, or rotting? If so, you should consider replacing your windows right away. These are signs that your windows have lost their efficiency, and you’ll find that new windows in Westminster will drastically improve your living conditions.
- If you’re looking for the best new windows in Westminster, consider UniShield® windows from Universal Windows Direct. While you can simply purchase new windows from a big box store, UniShield® windows are custom made to fit your home like a glove.
- UniShield® is also engineered with industry-leading technology for energy savings. These windows include two-to-three panes of glass, low-e glazing, and argon or krypton gas between the panes. The most popular option is the UniShield® Plus package, and UniShield® Supreme is the top-of-line option for premium new windows in Westminster.
If you’re on the fence about replacing your windows, Universal Windows Direct can inspect your existing windows to determine if it’s time for an upgrade. To learn more about our in-home estimate and product demonstration, contact us today by calling 303-373-4236.