When it comes to upgrading the exterior of your home, there are numerous materials to choose from in terms of siding. Vinyl siding is a popular exterior siding option for homeowners in Denver, and there are several reasons why:
- Vinyl siding is affordable, even if you’re looking into high quality vinyl siding such as UniShield® from Universal Windows Direct.
- Vinyl siding is available in a variety colors and highly customizable to suit your personal taste.
- New vinyl siding is one of the best ways to transform the outside of your home, and it can even help attract more buyers if you put your home up for sale
Aside from the benefits of vinyl siding, we’re sharing some fun facts that you might not know about this wonderful exterior selection:
1. Vinyl siding is engineered with polyvinyl chloride—which is the third most popular synthetic plastic polymer. It was introduced to the market during the 1950s as an alternative to aluminum siding.
3. Mid-grade cedar clapboard can cost 2.5 times more than vinyl siding, although some high grade vinyl siding can cost just as much.
4. The average price for vinyl siding ranges from $3 to $7 per square foot. When you install vinyl siding on a 2,800-square foot home, you can expect to pay anywhere from $8,400 to $19,600.
5. The thinnest vinyl siding that you’ll find on the market is roughly .35”-.40” thick, which is known as builder’s grade siding. This is the bare minimum thickness to protect your home, although it won’t provide the same results as premium siding.
6. Premium siding ranges from .44”-.48” thick, although vinyl siding with a thickness of .55” is available from some manufacturers.
7. Vinyl siding can expand and contract by ½”. The expansion varies due to weather and temperature changes.
8. Vinyl siding can often withstand winds of up to 110 miles per hour.
9. Homeowners who choose vinyl siding won’t have to worry about sanding, painting, or staining. While wood exterior siding requires a lot of upkeep, vinyl is on the opposite end of the spectrum.
10. Cleaning vinyl siding is very easy. All that you need is a bucket, a hose, a mixture of 70/30 water and white vinegar solution, and a scrub brush that’s designed to wash your car.
11. Professional vinyl siding installation ensures that your vinyl siding performs as intended and stands the test of time.
Contact Universal Windows Direct for Premium Vinyl Siding
Universal Windows Direct is Denver’s source of quality and high-performance vinyl siding. Contact us today for an estimate.